Re: As British Car Weeks draws close to the end...

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: As British Car Weeks draws close to the end...
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 12:55:19 EDT
Agreed it has been a rather disappointing week for sightings, in fact i
was
prompted to prod a TR6 owner into action this morning - I dont know the
guy
but I pass his house most every day and the car lives mostly under a
tarp.
This morning(while i was  running kids about in the 72) he was mowing his
lawn so i stopped and said hi - and why wasnt he out there in his car?!
Poor chap had never heard of BCW, in fact he wasnt even a member of a
club, didnt know there were such things!. He had inherited the car from a
brother who moved overseas a year ago and didnt have much knowledge of it
except that he liked it! - I put him in touch with the CT Triumph club
and told him he needed to be out on the road today - which he promised to
do -
Other than that, in two hours of driving in three towns, - not a
sausage!!

This afternoon I'll take one of the cars to the local "cruise club meet"
- mostly 50s be-bop stuff with fuzzy dice and DA hairdos but theyre
friendly folk and as long as the car is over 25 anyone is welcome!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster