Re: Lucas female connectors

To: larryhoy@mcione.com
Subject: Re: Lucas female connectors
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:33:49 EDT
Larry,
  I have tried to do it, but have decided that the better path is to
pitch the things and buy new.  They seem to get corroded and brittle,
thus never work quite right.
  On the male parts, which I clean with scotchbrite pads, I smear a dab
of No-Ox or an equivalent anti-corrosive grease that comes from
electrical warhouses, then put them together with the new females. This
combination seems to work just great.  I wonder, if the MG factory had
used this No-Ox when the cars were new, if they would have the electrical
reputations that they do.
Bob