Re: B Suspension symptoms

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: B Suspension symptoms
From: "Jim Carney" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 12:08:04 -0500
Dan,
I converted a B to tube shocks once. It depends on what you're looking for.
In my opinion, the degradation in the ride quality was not made up in the
handling improvement.
I sprung for rebuilt stock shocks on my current B.
After market anti sway bars & modern radial tires can make a marked
improvement in handling without much sacrifice in ride quality.
I'can't advise on how to identify tired springs, although the "squat" you
mention sounds like a good indicator. You don't have an old engine block in
the trunk or anything do you?
Jim