Hi beam switch

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hi beam switch
From: AKBLACKLEY <AKBLACKLEY@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 12:39:11 EDT
Dang! I just downloaded my daily digest of the list, read Gary Grahams inquiry
about the hi beam switch ( I know the answer!) , then go tot he bottom of the
digest and see that Trevor Boicey beat me to the punch. Well,  I can at least
verify his solution. On my 69 I had hi beam flash function (lever pulled
back), but no high beam on the lever forward position. I already had the
steering cover off, tested for continuity, and saw the little copper tabs that
Trevor mentioned. Simply bending the one on the top left side (between the
lever and the switch body) contact was restored with the lever in the forward
position. Hi beams work great now! I boasted to my wife about the amazing ease
of simple fixes that one can do on brit mobiles. Knowing the status of our
recent VISA bills for Moss etc., she just rolled her eyes...Cheers, Andy
Blackley