Saturday Journey

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Saturday Journey
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 14:23:45 -0500
    Apologies to Becky and others...but I thought I'd share yesterday's
drive with the list. :)
    I drove up with a couple from the Louisville BC Club to a meet near Indy
yesterday.
Don led the way, he and Barbara are active in our club but also members in
the Hoosier MGB club, who put on the event. They drove their beautiful black
'79 B LE with me close behind (trying not to pass, hehe)
    Well, we took the LONG way, nice roads past "Paoli Peaks" ski resort. 3
1/2 hours later, we got to the Brit Car Roundup. Nice show - about 75 cars
or so of all types, mostly Bs, but a Sunbeam Tiger, XK140 coupe, a Turner, a
BEAUTIFUL MGA Twin Cam, and some other notables. There were only two parts
vendors (my main reason for going), so that was a bummer. All I found was a
center console pad for $8 to replace my torn one. :( Funny thing, there is
actually a lot of interest in a car like mine, that isn't "show" quality. I
opened the hood to display my rusty valve cover with pride - no trophies for
this car anyway!
    I had to work later in the day, so I only spent an hour and zoomed back
via I-65 (blah). Good thing I had sunscreen, the sun was killer yesterday,
and I'm still red!
All told, I drove about 7 hours and 360 miles. 65 - 70 mph on the way back.
No problems, other than the Temp guage creeped up further than it has before
on the long journey home (3500-4000 rpm), almost a quarter past the "N"!
Time for that radiator job, although this probably won't affect that, better
safe than sorry... Not sure about the fuel consumption, seems a little low.
It seems VERY true, the more and harder you drive these cars, the better
they run!
Dan
'73 B Taking a rest today, along with my red skin.