RE: LBC NDC (Near Death Experience)

To: "Jim Carney" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>,
Subject: RE: LBC NDC (Near Death Experience)
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 98 23:35:58 UT
Kevin,

Would you believe this same thing happened to me yesterday on the 76 B?  I
just put the child seat in and was taking my 2 year old for a spin.  Half way
down the block I smell gas and my feet are slipping by the pedals.  Turned the
car off, looked under the hood and there it is - crack in rubber connector for
the two metal fuel lines.  Difference is - I drive this car 3-4 times a week
to my office (150 mile round trip) so the line failure was not due to sitting
around with nothing to do.  Anyway, grabbed a new bit of hose off the garage
wall (that's where we all keep it isn't it??), made the repair and off I went
with my 2 year old for a spin.

Think I'll go look under there again to make sure the other rubber lines are
happy campers.

BTW, Jim, I'm sure my filler neck is fine cause I had that apart a month ago
fishing out some obstruction that made filling the tank a slow laborious
endeavor.  Turned out to be that 70s thigamajig that only allowed the narrower
unleaded fuel hose nozzle to be inserted into the tank - it came lose, turned
sideways and was blocking the filler neck.  Anyway, when did you realize you
were filling up the trunk - when you went past 12 gallons or when your feet
got wet??

Dr. Doug