Undercoat removal

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Undercoat removal
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 20:33:33 -0600
Any of you LBC gurus out there know of a relatively easy way to remove old
undercoating from the back side of my fenders?  I'm getting the car ready
to repaint, and the wheel well area has been undercoated numerous times.
I'd like to strip this off and start over, as it's cracked and peeling in
some spots. I've tried chemical paint stripper, it just gets a little
gummy.  Sandblasting takes forever, as it mostly bounces off the surface.
Good old fashined scraping with a putty knife works, but it's very slow.
Any better ideas?

Calvin Krug