yet another OP relief valve question......

Subject: yet another OP relief valve question......
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 21:54:30 -0500
It looks like tapping the valve out isn't going to completely work
either.  I threaded the inside of the valve and pulled, but it only got
halfway out.  Now the inside of the valve is completely threaded and the
tap no longer grips.  So.........what's another way of removing the
valve?  It's past the point where it relieves pressure, so spinning the
starter only pumps oil up the hole and down into the block I think (lots
of cranking wouldn't give me pressure on an otherwise
quick-to-get-pressure engine.

Will pulling the oil pan give me access to the other side of the valve?
I'm desperate.  It's hitting 100 every afternoon so I'm enjoying riding
around in my air conditioned Subaru, but I *really* miss my B!!!!

--
Tyson Sherman
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman