Re: Off Topic Modern Sedans?

To: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>,
Subject: Re: Off Topic Modern Sedans?
From: F Crocker <jafcjr@presys.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 20:52:45 -0700
Well, you could look into the Merkur Scorpio- 88 or 89.  If you found a
one owner with around 90k miles for $3 to $4k and droppen another $5
or$6k into haveing a rebuild and doing all the things that experience
has taught should be done you would have a hell of a road cruiser.  Most
Parts are available through a couple of specialty houses (similar to
Moss and Vicky Brit) or (though less and less so) through FOMOCO.

Of course, if you want to do the work yourself, that 5 or 6 k for
renewal would be markedly less.

There is a good Merkur list, with a good archive and search engine.
I just delete all the stuff about XRs.

Here is the URL: <http://roland.digiweb.com/Merkurbahn/index.html>

For very specific information about the Scorpio:
<http://www.frontiernet.net/~pdoering/Scorpio/Scorpio.html>

There were only about 20K of these cars brought in to the US, though
they continued to be offered in Europe as the Granada until about 1996.
The other nice thing about the car is that it is a hatchback with
folding back seat (back seat is also power adjustable) and gives almost
as much carting room as my wife's Camry wagon.

79 MGB
88 Scorpio
92 Camry V6 Wagon
--
J. A. Frazer Crocker, Jr.       "I pray and incur
P. O. Box 3184                   silence...am I