Re: Rusty Floors Update 76B

To: dr-doug@classic.msn.com
Subject: Re: Rusty Floors Update 76B
From: Jethogger@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:10:51 EDT
Hello Doug.  Like I said it took me 5 hours to remove the floor and prepare
the frame rails for the new ones  And I have done this before.  I have the car
up on four jack stands.  As high as I can get it.  I rough cut the floors out
from the bottom.  All the rust and dirt will be falling on you.  Good safety
glasses is a must.  And cold shower is a must after. You can leave the exhaust
intack and all wires.  Just let the wires hang low out of the way. (undo the
negtive battery cable).  Then you can remove the rest from the top.
  They make to different floor pan.  Repro and like orginal.  The repro have a
large lip all around the floor pan.  And they extend up into the foot well
further.  The OEM pans have no lip and do not extend up into the foot well.
But the OEM pan have all the harware welded in place.    Hopes this help.
John  Flintstone, ga.