Re[2]: Major coolant loss!

To: <richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re[2]: Major coolant loss!
From: dereck.carey@cdsi.com
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 98 12:42:22 -0500
     The coolant is disappearing.  Originally I thought it was evaporating
     from some leak (hole or loose hose).  I haven't left the thermostat
     out but I did replace it.  I replace the cap as well a day after I
     replaced the thermo, I too thought it was the cap now I am not so
     sure.  We are talking a gallon of water in 15 minutes and I have no
     clue where it is disappearing to.

     I think my next step will be to remove the thermo (add mix to block),
     flush the system, remove and replace all hoses, perform a pressure
     (maybe first) test, then if all fails go in after the head gasket.

     Thanks