Re: Major Coolant Loss

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net (mglist)
Subject: Re: Major Coolant Loss
From: mgrazian@ltcm.com (Michael Graziano)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 15:08:08 -0400 (EDT)
I had a similar problem with my 84 Cadillac Brougham.  The news is worse
than you think if it is the head gasket.  It sounds like you've been
driving on it for a while,  even knowing the antifreeze was
disappearing.  WHen the liquid enters the block,  it replaces the oil in
spots.  For my car,  I had to replace the cam, lifter, and bearing as
well as have the head shaved.  Done by a family friend,  the job cost
around $800, akmost half of which was parts,  and it took almost two full
days to do (I worked on ith with him,  so I know he wasn't pulling my leg.)

Good luck.

Mike