Mikuni

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mikuni
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 11:16:46 EDT
If it is a single barrel (you'd need 2) it might work. If it is a twin barrel
side draft, similar to the Mikuni Solex 44 PHH, it is a bit small for the B
and getting jets can be a pain.
When you say that the jet is about right I think you are dreaming!  Going from
a drag racing bike of a different size to a stock MGB, and you think the
jetting will be "about right"? Optimism triumphs over sanity.
  The 44 PHH, by the way, would be the right size to work on the B engine,
being equivalent to the 45 DCOE Weber. In fact some people prefer the Solex,
notwithstanding the limitted availability of replacement jets.

Bill S.

<<A friend who races motorcycles gave me a 40mm Mikuni carb with K & N filter
to 'try' on my '77B.  The installation appears to be very straight-forward,
and the performance boost (according to him) should be significant.  My
question is:  Has anyone on the list tried this before?  I've seen the
weber and SU conversion info, but haven't seen where anyone had tried a  =
.GULP . . . motorcycle carb.  BTW this carb is set up for use on a 30=
drag racing bike - not an 800cc oil burner. >>