fuel sensor help!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: fuel sensor help!
From: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 17:48:39 -0700
Greetings,

A question for those in the know:
I have recently finished the restoration of my 77B. The only thing (ha
ha...yeah right) left to fix....is the fuel gauge. It has never worked,
always in the E position.
I saw someone talking about the fuel sending unit on the list not too
long ago, so I decided to have a peek at mine. There are two posts on
the tank, one of which has a wire attached to it, one that is naked. I
cannot see any other wires around that are disconnected or dangling...Is
there a wire that I am missing??
I put the wire on the other naked terminal, and the fuel gauge read
pegged full or F.
(you could almost hear the gauge needle yawning after being woken up
from a 10 year snooze.)

Tell me what I am missing here

Thanks

As always you are all a great help.