Re: TD starting handle crank nut loose...

To: 104610.3053@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: TD starting handle crank nut loose...
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 20:59:36 EDT
Hi Jim,
  Turning the starting handle clockwise will tighten the nut/dog if it is
loose.  The threaded part of the dog is only about 1/2 inch long, so it
won't take many turns of the crank to tighten it.  1 1/8 wrench will fit
the nut. WIth the sparkplugs in, you should have enough resistance to be
able to tighten the nut sufficiently.
  I am curious that the nut has loosened, though, and hope that it is not
stripped.
Bob