Piston ring, MGA towing Q's, thanks

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Piston ring, MGA towing Q's, thanks
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 09:47:43 -0500
I received new piston rings from Moss.  The three compression rings
includes one stepped ring.  Now in most kits the stepped ring goes on top
with the cutout upwards to allow room for the cylinder ridge.  According to
the instructions provided,  this stepped ring is supposed to go in the
bottom groove closest to the oil control ring.  Is this right?  If so,
should the cutout be towards the top or bottom of the piston?  I didn't see
any tapers on the rings at first glance so as far as I can tell, this ring
is the only one with a top and bottom.  If anyone has input,  I would
appreciate it.

Next,  I would like to tow the A to the car wash to clean out the engine
compartment.  Where should I attach the tow strap?  I have heard stories of
bending the front valance or bumper with an incorrect towing procedure.
Again any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my questions so far.  I am sorry if
I have not responded directly to everyone but the volume has become too
great.  Also, I am on the digest so I get the info quicker it you responded
to me directly as well as the mailing list.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA which, no matter what Bob says,  passes a lot of scenery too fast to
notice but not in the last two weeks :-(  It only looks slow because of its
natural grace.