Re: SU HS4 carb choke sticks on

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: SU HS4 carb choke sticks on
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 22:57:23 EDT
Most likely either a piece of grit is trapped between the jet and the jet
bore or the screw which locates and attaches the small arm from the
linkage to the jet housing itself is too tight.
 Loosen the screw about a 1/4 turn or so, just enough to allow a bit of
free play in the arm and try again.
 I've run across a couple of cars with similar problems in that the over
tight screw actually put the jet in a bind and it wouldnt return to
"normal" position when the choke was released.
 If loosening the screw does'nt help, continue removing said screw and
carefully remove the jet and wipe it down, along with the jet bore,
whilst looking for evidence of rubbing. Fine sand paper, judiciously
applied will remedy the problem

Good luck

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT