Re: acceleration problem

To: Jethogger@aol.com, ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU
Subject: Re: acceleration problem
From: Tom McLaughlin <tomm@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:36:10 -0500
<snip>

>the timing to 25 degrees at least.  Then you will have to lower the idle
some.
>Also check the rubber diapram in the carburater.  If this is limp rubber.
>Replace it.

<snip>

I've been having carb (ZS) problems for a while and finally decided to try
to rebuild it (first time).  I bought the kit from Moss, but don't have it
yet.  Does it come with this rubber diaphram?  I took the top off the carb
and the diaphram has a rip in it and is really flimsy.  I had been hearing
a ssssssssssssssssss sound from the carb.  I hoped the kit would come with
necessary seals, diaphrams etc. to fix this problem.  I'm a rookie on this
so any help would be appreciated.  Basically the car had less and less
power over time until I had to really ride the clutch to get it to go.
Otherwise it would stall.

Tom
77B - owned for 2 years and had been running okay up till now :(