Several questions (MGA and otherwise)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Several questions (MGA and otherwise)
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 18:57:19 -0400
Since I got my MGA last week, I've had a great time finding my way around
it.  Today I took her out for a spin around the county just 'cause the
weather was so darn nice.  What fun!  I'm grateful for the many answers to
all the questions I have posted, and the humor is great too. I can't wait
til I get my shop manual!   Until then, here's a few questions...

1.  What oil should be used in the dashpots?

2. How full should they be kept and how often do they need topping off?

3. How full should the brake resevoir be kept?  Most other cars (HA!) have
a mark on the side of the resevoir.

4. I've never liked Fram filters much.  The PO put the spin on kit on the
car, and installed a Fram filter.  When I had my TR3 many years ago, I
recall getting an increase in oil pressure by switching to another filter.
I've heard Wix filters are great. What brands do you guys use?

5. Has anyone tried the Paddy Hopkirk aftermarket gas pedal Moss sells?  I
constantly have trouble with the postage stamp sized pedal I have.

6. How often does shock oil need to be topped off?

7.  Will the babes think I'm irresistable if I get MG tire valve stem caps?

8. Is there any benefit or danger in using modern spark plugs like platinums?

Thanks in advance
Dave Iwansky
'62 MGA 1600 MkII