High underhood temp

To: "Majordomo@autox.team.net" <Majordomo@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: High underhood temp
From: Mark S Hardin <markh@hom.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 23:34:30 -0400
I have been rebuilding a 79 midget for about two years now .I hav
finally got it looking fairly good inside and out, Time to drive it.
Well here is the problem and any help orideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Engine has a webber down draft carb with header instead of manifold.
Fule pump was bad and replaced with an electric one, later added
mechinical in line. Well now after adding the mech pump the air cleaner
top gets so hot you cant put your hand on it, and the fuelfilter is
empty. this is after the engine warms up.
I have NO info on the adjustments on the weber , there are only 3.two on
lincage and one on the bottom side of the body of the carb
 the eng has been fuly restored to fact. spec.
The distribuitor is mechanical breaker point
plugs show a reddish brown deposite

HELP  !!   :-)
Mark H.
markh@hom.net