RE: Dashboard puzzle

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Dashboard puzzle
From: Douglas McKinnie <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 98 13:35:39 +0100
>Next plan is to tackle the 180 degree rotation for the steering column
>stalks and perhaps put a bulb/socket under the empty map light cap on
>the dash.

All of the cars that I've driven lately in the UK have had the
turn signal stalk on the left. The only one I've ever driven
with the stalk on the right was a Mitsubishi van that I drove
in Malta. It was quite a hassle switching from that to our
other car, and I did the 'wipers on dry glass' trick frequently
in both.

I just assumed that indicators on the left stalk was one of
those things that everyone did the same, like having the clutch
pedal on the left and the accelerator on the right. I'd never
encountered them on the right until driving this van. It did
keep the stalk out of the way of the shifter for the
transmission, which was on the left (as appropriate for a RHD
car.)

What is the standard MGB position for the indicator stalk in
RHD cars? (Here I admit that I have never driven an MGB outside
of North America)

Douglas McKinnie