Brakes

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brakes
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:46:31 EDT
It's been a while since I did drum brake MGs (all my As are 4 wheel disc), but
one thing you may want to check is whether it was oil or brake fluid. Either
way, you want to find out where it came from and correct it, whether it means
rebuilding the brake cylinders (likely) or replacing the axle seals. At
minimum you will need new shoes, and the drum can certainly be cleaned with
suitable solvents, but no point doing it if it is just going to recur.

Bill S.