Re: Query--wiper arms.

To: F Crocker <jafcjr@presys.com>
Subject: Re: Query--wiper arms.
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 15:02:23 +0000
F Crocker wrote:

> I have a '79 MGB.  The wiper arms keep coming off the splined spindle.
> Haynes manual says that 'later' MGBs have an arm that uses a small
> screw.  My arms do not have the small screw.  Is Haynes correct? Do I
> need to get new arms?  Maybe another kind of fix?  Loctite?

Haynes is correct although I can't see from Clausager when the change
occured.  He shows a picture of a 1969 USA triple-wiper car with the
bright arms held on by screws, a 1978 RHD with clip-on arms, and a 1980
RHD with screw-on.  Check the spindles, if they have tapped holes they
probably are supposed to have screw-on arms and maybe don't have the
machining required to keep a clip-on on, if you see what I mean.

PaulH.