Re: Vinyl Repair Question

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Vinyl Repair Question
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:56:11 -0700 (PDT) (11:56 am 18:56 UT)
> The Abingdon pillow on my '71 B has a few cracks. Is there any product on the
> market that can patch these up? Seems to me there used to be a commercial on
> TV about some powder that one fused with an iron. The demo looked like an
> invisible repair.

  I have a little kit made by Permatex that has several little pots of
different color vinyl compound that you blend to the color you want,
you spatula it into place, and then use an iron or a little supplied tool
with some texturing sheets to cook it to hardness.  I've made several
repairs with it, and with a little practice it looks fine.  It works
best for small areas, but I've used it on longer tears.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*