First time start-up.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: First time start-up.
From: Hicks <hicks@mohawk.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 23:00:41 -0400
Hello to all on the list.

I'm in the process of reincarnating a '70 BGT. Bought it in 1972, bc (
before children). It's been garaged for 18 years without being driven.
I'm in the process of getting it back on the road. Going through all the
basics, hoses, points, brakes, tires, etc. Before I try and crank it up
for the first time, anyone have suggestions on engine prep? I've been
told to inject some light oil into the chamber and let it sit for a day,
then crank it over without spark, to get things moving. Any experienced
thoughts are appreciated.

Can't wait to get back on the road, but I see its a long, expensive
haul. Hope it feels like it did back in the 70's. Great fun.

Thanks.

Don