Re: MGB oil dipstick madness? How much oil?

To: Jethogger@aol.com, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGB oil dipstick madness? How much oil?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 19:54:26 -0400
Jethogger@aol.com wrote:

> Hello.   Shit I have just the oppose problem.  My MGB always shows low.
> I use 4 quarts of oil plus one can of stp.  and it will show low.  I know that
> is correct amount of fluid.  Maybe the dipstick is to long, not going in far
> enough. Or some thing.  John  67b

   Moss lists three different dipsticks and two different sumps, so
maybe we
can figure this out.

  I have a 1970MGB with a 1974-era engine. If my dipstick or my
sump are from the original engine, that could explain why mine doesn't
read right.

  You could be in the opposite situation, a 67b with original-era
engine and a later dipstick or sump.

  Does anybody have conclusive info, like a couple of MGBs of different
eras and can compare lengths?

  (I'm looking in David D's direction, surely he has a B of every
possible
combination of sumps and dipsticks. ;>)

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.