Re: Budget

To: "Albert Amato" <Albert_Amato/YMG/ca@ymg.ca>
Subject: Re: Budget
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 19:40:31 -0400
At 04:28 PM 6/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any good ideas how someone like me can buy his dream car
>(a 62 MGA) on a limited budget.
>I have those reccuring dreams again (me behind the wheel of an MGA on a
>sunny day), and want to resolve this issue between my heart and wallet.
>It seems that all these cars cost over 10G at least!!!

Yeah.  You're right about the costs going up alright.  I paid $13,800 for
mine and only because it's in pristine condition...  To me, it is worth it,
as (1) I can afford it at this stage in my life, and (2) I looked for a
long time to find one in really great condition as I want to play with it
on the road more than in my garage.  I figure some folks like to buy boats
or campers or whatever, and to me, if I keep it like it is, it will
continue to go up in value.  Perhaps not quite like the stock exchange
(which is doing NOTHING right now) but I can't play with my other
investments.
I worked a lot of years to get to where I am, and so I gave it to myself.
I plan on spending what I need to to fix things as they go wrong, and
that's all I really want to do.
Dave
'62 MGA 1600 MkII