Re: aaagghhh!!! Disaster strikes!! (longish)

To: "Webber, Geoff" <gwebber@dow.com>
Subject: Re: aaagghhh!!! Disaster strikes!! (longish)
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:46:15 -0400
Geoff,
This has happened to me twice.  First time it was the rear plug (I've jerry
rig this one since I wasn't about to pull the motor) the second time was the
one you lost.  Not to bad to replace.  Assuming the motor was still turning
when you shut it down (as opposed to seizing) you may be alright.  I'd
replace the plug, fill it with coolant and go.  Check temperatures often
(blown head gasket) and oil consumption.  Good luck.

Chris

1978 MBG (soon to be V8)
1987 Merkur XR4Ti
1990 Mustang 5.0