Re: Fuel Tank sender

To: mhartwig@cbu.edu, "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank sender
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:24:19 -0700
At  3:27 PM 6/16/98 -0500, Mike Hartwig wrote:
>Dan and others, a quick test to determine if your sending unit, gauge,
>wiring, or combination is at fault:
>
>turn on the ignition and unplug your wire (not the ground wire) that
>connects to your sending unit.
>ground this wire and check to make sure your gauge reads full.
>
>When your gas tank is full and your sending unit works properly, you have a
>good ground connection, the sending unit will fulling ground, showing zero
>ohms resistance.  This resistance corresponds to a full reading on your
>gauge.

I can get this reading of full by grounding out the sending unit.  Since I
don't have anything but a test light, I can't check ohms or anything,
however, the light bulb in the test light fluctuates in intensity as I
check power at the sending unit wire.  I've checked ground, but according
to the wiring diagram the green/black wire doesn't go anywhere but to the
gauge.  What more should I check to make sure I don't have a power problem?
Thanks in advance,  Nina