Re: Adjusting Valves Midget 1500

To: Jason Sawyer <jason.sawyer@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Adjusting Valves Midget 1500
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 18:55:22 +0000
Jason Sawyer wrote:

> Why 3rd? I use reverse, that way when I push the car backwards, the engine
>spins
> the proper way. Is it easier to move in 3rd? Seems like it would be harder,
>but
> maybe I'm just an idiot. (You out there, J.B.?)
>
> Jason

Hi Jason, no offence but you *are* an idiot.  When you are driving in reverse
(or
first) think how many times the engine revolves for a given distance covered
compared to 3rd.  Now imagine pushing the car the same distance in each gear.
You
have to rotate the engine many more times in reverse than in third, therefore
reverse must be harder.

Cheers,
PaulH.