Re: Modern Sports Cars

To: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Subject: Re: Modern Sports Cars
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 18:30:30 -0400
Keith Wheeler wrote:
> >> How about an MGB V-8?  Properly built a 3.9 roadster will out
> >> accelerate a Viper...
> >
> >  These types of arguments are always unfair though.
>
> This is one time that I don't agree with you.  It's not so hard to
> find nice used Rover converted 'Bs for under $9k.

  A mere "Rover converted B" is still nowhere close to a Viper.

  A rover converted B may be a beast in LBC land but it's still
only average in the modern sports car world. The viper is FAR
from average, if power is what you are looking for.

  When the original poster said "properly built 3.9" I took that
to mean a seriously developed version of the original
3.5L rover, something that would take a very long time
to produce.

  Frankly, it would HAVE to be to even come close to the
Viper. As much as I'd like to own a V8 MGB, I already have
a twincammed 4 rice burner that produces as much hp. MGBV8s
are nice in an LBC perspective, but they aren't muscle
cars.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/