Re: Wide Whitewall tires

To: Blake Wylie <bwylie@HiWAAY.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wide Whitewall tires
From: "Lishego, Michael" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 18:38:15 EST
LOL...I take it no one likes these things?  Well, I did ask for
opinions. :P

After pricing some ($135 each), I think that chrome wire wheels would be
cheaper and better looking.  More opinions?  Of course, I will have to do
the conversion thing, but no biggie there.  :)

Blake

Blake,
    From what I understand, there is one major drawback to chrome
wire wheels - flex.  If you happen to hit a curb, pothole, or large
speedbump at speed, wire wheels flex.  Chrome wires will occasionally
lose a flake of chrome when this happens.  Paint will allegedly flex
with the wheel, or WCS (Worst Case Scenario) you touch up your rims.
    FWIW, I would die if I paid oodles of bucks for chrome rims only
to see the first chip...Can any listers verify if this has happened
to them?
Mike Lishego