Re: Engine stand question

To: tsherman@tecinfo.com
Subject: Re: Engine stand question
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 20:29:01 EDT
On Sun, 21 Jun 1998 10:36:36 -0500 Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
writes:
>I borrowed a 1000lb engine stand with hopes to put my 76 B engine on
>it.  It has four movable places that bolt to the rear engine plate (I
>guess). Are the block & rear engine plate strong enough to entire
>weight
>of the engine?

Yes.

  Just doesn't seem like it would hold there.  Also, can
>remove the crank without removing the rear plate?

No.

Remove the rear plate, then adjust the movable arms/plates to match the
holes in the block. Bolt it all together and proceed with your tear down.
 The bolts will be plenty strong enough to support your engine.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget