Re: '61 MGA 1600 rebuild?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Bob Gaughan" <gaughan@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: '61 MGA 1600 rebuild?
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 20:33:30 -0500
First thing would be to do a compression test, dry then "wet" (drop of oil
in the cylinder).
This will tell you if the engine has good compression, if they are 110 or
higher, you're ok.
You might try some "Marvel Mystery Oil" in the oil and some in the gas tank
(to lube the valves) as well.
Cheers...

Dan
73 B