RE: More Car Cover Gripes

To: BobMGT@aol.com, BobMGT@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: More Car Cover Gripes
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 98 16:53:11 UT
Build an extension on the garage!!!

But in the event that this is not going to happen soon then what you are doing
is probably OK.  Long term storage under a waterproof cover (or tarp) is bad
because once moisture in it cannot get out.  As you suggest, this may ruin the
paint but the real culprit is that moisture retention promotes tin worm.  The
Technalon primarily keeps sunshine and environmental stuff (natural, avian and
man made) off the car while allowing moisture to pass both ways.  As long as
you are "airing" the car out on a regular basis then it will be fine.

Dr. Doug

69 C Rdst
69 C GT
69 B Rdst