RE: More Car Cover Gripes

To: "John Steczkowski" <stecz@pswtech.com>, <BobMGT@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: More Car Cover Gripes
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:51:50 -0500
Heed well, Bob!

A thoughtful neighbor put the plastic tarp I keep handy for BIG rains on
the MGA one day when a storm came up and I was away. The sun came out.
Voila! Ruined paint. I've compounded it, and rewaxed, but... you can still
see it. The white smeary stuff is not as glaring as it was at first, but it
will be there until the car is repainted. (And, no,  I didn't fuss at the
neighbor. She noticed the discoloration later and asked. I gently told her
what happened, but didn't want to discourage her kindness.)

Having a plastic tarp over a car all of the time will also harbor high
moisture content and likely start a rust problem for you, too. Sort of like
a greenhouse. The moisture gets trapped under the plastic.

Carol

Written in response to 08:36 AM 6/22/98 -0500, John Steczkowski's reply: