Pertronix & distributor

Subject: Pertronix & distributor
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 15:05:44 -0500
This discussion of ignitions couldn't have come at a better time.

The 45DE in my '79 B rolled a seven a month ago causing a ramp truck ride
to my garage. I put the 25D distributor (that was in the '76) in with new
points and everything else and twice (so far) the point gap has closed up.
Today there was no warning - it just shut off. The screw was tight so it is
something worn in the distributor. I have no further interest in playing
with the 25D so I'd like to retrofit the 45DE with a Pertronix unit. The
other option is a new distributor but I want to avoid that if possible.

Where are some of the places these units are being purchased from? How's
the reliability? I've been very lucky about this thing staying running but
I'm starting to worry that it could break down at a REALLY bad time.

Thanks for any advice.
Steve Bettencourt
'79 MGB
Steve's HotRod World