Pulling an engine in an MGA

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pulling an engine in an MGA
From: BRUCE PHILLIPS <mgb1964@cois.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:41:03 -0400

        A friend of mine who is "internet challanged" has asked for help on the
following topic. He and his son are changing the clutch in his MGA this
weekend. They are not mechanically challanged , but would like some tips on
pulling the engine. Do they pull the engine and transmission as one, or
separate and pull th engine alone ? Is there any tips or tricks from this
exalted list that will prevent them from re-inventing the wheel.

        I know there was a recent thread on this where a person pulled both and
indicated that it was a pain. As I have MGB's and pulling th eengine and
transmission is a snap I didn't save the recent posts.

        Thank you in advance for your help.

BRUCE PHILLIPS

64 roadster
69 gt