Re: MGCC International (Silverstone) 1998

To: "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <G.Burgessparker@btinternet.com>,
Subject: Re: MGCC International (Silverstone) 1998
From: "Declan Mitchell" <declan.mitchell@lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:54:24 +0100
Thanks for the advice Gordon. As it happens, I will be going by coach from
Southampton at Midnight and am scheduled to arrive at 5.00am so there should
be plenty of time to get a good spot and watch the opening ceremony at
8.30am (if I can manage to stay awake). I had thought a place between Stowe
Corner and Hanger Straight would have been ideal as that is where overtaking
will be. Or are there no seats there? Since its my first visit, I shall just
have to follow the others.

While I think it would be great if the weather was sunny, I must admit I am
more concerned with M Schumacher's eccentric driving. If anything is going
to ruin my day it will be him. ;-)

I will have to go to an MG Event sometime. Probably the Truxton circuit near
my home.

Cheerio
Declan (MG Midget '72)