Re:sound of doom

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:sound of doom
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:03:00 -0800
>Going up to the GOF at Plymouth Mass, was a long horrible ride from N.J.
>along I95. The 110 miles in Conn. was full of trucks and rain. Near Mystic,
>our TF suddenly made that awful sound as your bearings go. You know the"its
>too late" sound.  I quickly looked down and saw the oil pressure at 0. I
>shut off the engine and told Barbara this trip was over. I could only think
>in terms of how much the flat bed would cost.

snip

>The amazing thing is that I didn't spin a bearing. No one could believe it.
>I figure that my reaction time after the bearing rap started had to be at
>least 5 seconds, which is a lifetime at 3800 rpm. These cars are
>indestructible.
>
>Mike

I sure hope my tired old TF1500 keeps on the indestructible side! Next
Monday I leave on my honeymoon in one. Leaving Portland, OR for Santa Rosa,
CA, bumble around wine country for a week. Then down to the GoF West in
Monterey. The car has been to all the GoF Wests since Lake Taho and keeps
on running. No show stoppers just a few minor problems. Need that first
long trip in a T car to be a good one for Linda. We've taken several 2-300
mile trips in the A, but nothing as long as this adventure.

Cheers, Lane