Re: sound of doom

To: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: sound of doom
From: Mark Sherman <MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:01:28 -0700
Sorry to hear the news.  Reminds me of my last trip of '97.  Returning from
Lancaster,
probably going too fast on I-78 I heard something snap so I pulled over.  Car
ran but
with vibration and no power.  Opened the bonnet and all looked ok.  Started it
up again.
Still vibrations.  Stupidly, I nursed it bome at 40 mph.  It seemed that noises
came
from the supercharger so I thought that was the problem.  After a few weeks of
scratching my head I flatbeaded it to Rob Medynski who took one look at it and
proclaimed "cracked crank."
Crankshaft was cracked at the first journal so all four cylinders fired and
pulled, but
it was disconnected at the front so it must have just wobbled around in there.

Four grand later its back on the road; I hope to make it to Watkins Glen in
Sept.
Hope to see you and Barbara soon.

Mark Sherman