Heritage Certificates/MG mods

To: "'keithw@sand.net'" <keithw@sand.net>
Subject: Heritage Certificates/MG mods
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:56:37 -0500
Keith,

I agree with you on the Heritage certificate. I do like my  Certificate for
the Healey. I got it in hopes of finding the key number so I could have a
trunk key made. Turns out it started out with a completely different lock.
Still it was fun to find out when it was made, and where shipped to. Knowing
it was one of the first made explained why it has a 100-6 horn button. It
was a matter of waste not, want not in Abington. They just used up the parts
in the bin before changing over!

I also agree with your comment on an owner modifying the car to suit
themselves. At Indy I talked to a GT owner with a modern sun roof. He said
it was his can and he would do with it what he wanted. I agree.

My son, and co owner is unhappy with what I did with my MGC. Having had a
bug-eye as my only car in the early 60s, I just changed it around to suit
myself with added gauges, a boot partition (had a real expensive cabinet
lock on it, but it did make the luggage secure), and even a rheostat to vary
the heater fan. I decided to treat the C the same. I've added things like
courtesy lights so the alarm would go off when someone opened the door. I
also have cruise control to make long trips easier. I am a little more
reluctant to do things to the Healey, but it will still get an electronic
ignition and modern radio. I'm still debating an alternator and spin on oil
filter.

Thanks for the comments.

Jack