Re: splash panel removal

To: "Proudfoot, Andrew" <IMCEAMS-TRANSPORT_YQX01_PROUDFA@NAVCANADA.CA>,
Subject: Re: splash panel removal
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 02:52:17 -0400
Proudfoot, Andrew wrote:

> I shall be replacing the same on my 77B this coming winter. Is it still
> easier than removing the fenders? Or am I facing the same battle? I
> haven't removed  fenders myself but understand it is no easy task.

  IMHO neither is pretty difficult from my experience, and said
experience is on anything but pristine cars!

  Removing the splash panels in my case was just a matter of
attempting to remove all the bolts, ALL of which broke off
with little or no force. However, off is off, and I wasn't
reusing the bolts anyways so it probably saved time when
they snapped.

  As for the fenders, just a LOT of bolts. It wasn't difficult,
but I do remember spending a lot of time asking myself why
something that a five year old can carry needs SO MANY BOLTS
to hold it down.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/