MGTF Update

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGTF Update
From: Ed & Kris curtis <curtis@hayburn.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 19:12:56 -0500
Some of you might remember back in March when I described the day that
my TF 1500 moved under its own power for the first time in 37.5 years.
This is an update for the car.

It is now finished and on the road complete with Michigan historical
plates and even insurance.  I had some problems with overheating - it
helps to make absolutly sure that you have all the coolent that it will
hold.- but those now seem to be behind me.  It is now going down the
road at about 85 to 87 C when warm and an almost constant 50 psig oil
pressure.  When idling, the oil pressure drops to about 45 psig.

The only electrical problem I had with all new wiring was a dim
headlight.  After proving that it was a poor ground by running a jumper
cable from the battery positive to the  nearest wiring harness ground
and then getting a bright headlight, I took that ground loose from the
bolt which connected it to the side panel and removed some paint and
rebolted it down.  Still no bright headlight.  I removed some more paint
from spots where the side panel bolted to the frame amd success - a
bright headlight.  Someone on the internet recently said that almost all
wiring problems start with a poor ground.  That was true here.

My wife and I went to the gas station to fill the tank for the first
time and when I went in to pay, she had to start answering questions
about how old it was, where I got it, etc., from people at the pumps.
She has been a real help on the car both encourging me and helping me
when two hands were not enough.  My guess is that she thinks that it
keeps me out of trouble and out of the bars when I am home working on
it.  Little does she know that some tasks on the car such as anything to
do with the pedal box can drive you to drink.

Now to start taking it to shows.  I know that it will be going to John
Twist's Summer Party in August, but will have to see what other events I
can take it to.  Hope to see some of you at meets.  Let me know if you
are thinking of going to John's party and maybe we can have an internet
meeting there.

Ed Curtis
55 MGTF1500