Re: 25D Dizzy

To: RossOvercash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: 25D Dizzy
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 03:59:47 -0400
RossOvercash wrote:
> Given that how will installation of a 25D from
> a differnet engine affect the operation and what type of adjustments would
> have to be made?

  If the advance curve is wrong, you won't get "optimal performance"
through the entire rev range.

  I do say this kind of tongue in cheek though, since the advance
curve is kind of hit and miss anyways, considering the variations
in engine parameters over decades of use, various fuels, various
temperatures, and so on.

  You can recurve your distributor back to stock if you wish. If
the distributors are similar (have a look) you might get away
with just carefully moving the springs and weights from the
"correct but dead" unit into the new one.

  The springs wear, so I'd recommend buying them new if
you can. The weights are indestructable though.

  PS: The springs should be different, don't be alarmed
if one seems "stretched" compared to the other.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/