Re: brake adjusting tools

To: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: brake adjusting tools
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 03:53:41 -0400
Jim Stuart wrote:

> As my MG's are daily drivers, I spend too much time adjusting rear
> brakes, & I am a sucker for brake adjusting tools. I have at least one
> of every kind ever thought of, & none have been ideal.

  Have you tried the aforementioned "welding tank key"? It's basically
a flat steel bar with a quarter inch hole in it. Works perfectly and
costs around $2 at a welding store.

  Careful, they come in a few sizes, my acetylene tank uses one
that's a bit smaller than 1/4 inch.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/