Re: Re: engine assembly lube

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Re: engine assembly lube
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 21:40:06 EDT
In a message dated 6/28/98 12:31:14 PM, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu wrote:

>Tyson,
>Back when I worked on industrial and automotive engines we used
>Lubriplate. It is a white grease. I have used it on MG engines, but,
>others on the list suggested it wasn't such a good idea. If you go to a
>good parts shop you should be able to find a good engine assembly lube.
>Personnally I stand by Lubriplate. :-P
>Or go to a Engine rebuilder and ask. Be careful of the advise. They may
>tell you one thing so the engine blows up :-O

I always used white lithium based grease, or later a good quality rebuild
grease, on all cams, bearings and lifters in each engine ive rebuilt.  I have
generally had very good luck, and on one occasion, when an unrelated part
failed I discovered that the new cam had seated perfectly and showed no
improper wear in the first 10K mi.  I started this practice after consulting
several engine rebuilders when I first started playing with cars years ago,
but in rechecking I still find that advice given by the engine guys I know.

Bob Shaw