Re: !!! First Drive !!! (... and some questions!)

To: "Ben Ruset" <bruset@home.com>, "mgs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: !!! First Drive !!! (... and some questions!)
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 19:28:20 -0500
Ben,
   I'm working on my 70 GT, getting it read for state inspection (mostly
brakes & lights here if the car's over 24).  I had to repair a lot of the
PO's
wiring, and had everything working.  I neatly bundled the wiring up under
the dash,  fired up the engine, and nothing worked, except headlights.
   After tearing everything out again, and not finding the problem, I got
out the wiring diagram and looked for something common.  To make a
long story short and relevent,  I found corrosion on the fuse block under
the hood.  The fused wire supplying power to everything decided there
was too much resistance, and quit.  Cleaned up some contacts, and
everything was better again.
  When all else fails,  check out the wiring diagram to find the circuit
common to everything that quit, and you may find the problem.
(Curseing and hair pulling are optional...)
Harlan.