!!! First Drive !!! (... and some questions!)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: !!! First Drive !!! (... and some questions!)
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 19:48:44 -0400
I had my official "first drive" tonight on the streets of Eatontown, NJ.

Although I only drove it up and down the street a few times, I had the top
down and the car up to about 35. What a blast!!!

Anyway, several things still need attention. I dunno whether or not I
mentioned them in last night's email:

Several gauges work sporatically - the tach, the fuel gauge, and the temp
gauge. When these work, my wipers also work. When they don't work, the
wipers dont. Is there one fuse, or some wire that may be shorting? My
ignition switch is also messed up. You need to manually bring the key back
from "start" to "on" instead of it bouncing back normally. Could the switch
cause problems like that?

The car also runs like crap. It's got a weber DGV, recently rebuilt.
Sometimes it will run for a second and stall, sometimes 10 minutes and
stall. Could the swich be messing this up as well?

So many questions... so little time!

Thanks in advance!

BEN RUSET - http://members.home.com/bruset
The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring  - http://members.home.com/mgbhaven