Re: looking at an mgb... (cont.)

To: "Sam Snow" <snowsam@mail.auburn.edu>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: looking at an mgb... (cont.)
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 22:16:34 -0500
Sam,
   Look carefully at the rust under the drivers side.
This in conjunction with the passenger door rubbing
at the bottom would worry me, especially since the
car has been re-sprayed.  It could be nothing, but
it could also be serious.  You might want to try and
jack the car up from the passenger side jack point.
Then check the passenger side door and see if you
can still open it.  What you could be looking at is a
car with significant rust in the sills that has been
cosmetically repaired and sprayed over.  If this is
the case, while the car may be recoverable, it would
not command a $3800 price tag.

IMHO
Harlan.